Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wiki

A Wiki allows a group of people to collaboratively develop a website without any knowledge of HTML. How simple and convenient could that be?I have used many wiki sites for various purposes in the past and always find they are user friendly and very informative. My recent trip to east European countries relied on very much a travel website that posts articles, comments and tips contributed by travelers who shared their experiences. Some of them are not normally you would read from a travel book.
I enjoyed reading Library Success Wiki site very much. These are talks about what we do everyday. Some of the programming ideas are imformative. Unfortunately I did not see much under the catagory of gaming. Gaming is new at my library but already attracted a steady group of youngsters. And I think we can do more.

No comments: